By using the Lendr platform,
Data Privacy Statement
(Last Updated: 11 April 2018)
Our Approach to Privacy
- Why we collect personal information
- What kind information we collect
- Where we get these information
- Who we share your information with
- How we protect your information
- Your choices, including how you can check and update any personal information we have about you
Why we collect personal information
To improve our products and services, it is important that we collect, use, process and analyze your personal information when it is reasonable and necessary. When we can, we aggregate and anonymize this information such that you are never identified as an individual. [Aggregating simply means presenting information in segments or categories like age groups; anonymizing means removing personally identifiable information from the data].
In particular, we are using your information to:
- Manage your account, provide customer care activities, monitor the quality and security of the network, train our staff, and provide services timely and efficiently and ensuring your fair and lawful use of the products and services provided by Fintqnologies Corp;
- Send commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, surveys, customer care and aftersales communications, and other broadcast push messages;
- Share your personal data with third-party content providers or other third-party services for which you sign up;
- Conduct analysis for research and marketing initiatives, including the generation of anonymized or non-personally identifiable location and mobility data to show footfall, location patterns, crowd density, and other information that may be relevant for marketing purposes;
- Generate statistical insights based on usage/network information to assist the Government in planning for healthcare, disaster, and other similar initiatives;
- Run credit scoring programs and initiatives, including but not limited to, providing information to the Credit Information Corporation in accordance to Republic Act No. 9501, otherwise known as the Credit Information System Act; and
- Perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
In cases where your separate and full consent is given, we are also processing your personal data to:
- Create your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, and other information that may be relevant for marketing and market research purposes;
- Share your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, and mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, to our business partners and third-party service providers;
- Compute your credit score based on data collected internally within the PLDT Group and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and share your credit score to third-parties to whom you specifically instruct us to share your credit score; and
- Send you information on offers, promotions, and advertisements from our business partners and third-party service providers.
What type of information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. This may range from the most basic like being able to offer promos that best suites the user’s to more complex use cases like which related services and digital content a user might find interesting & useful. This includes information such as:
Who you are:
- Basic personal information like your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, and identity supporting documents such as social security, passport, or tax identification numbers. You can check what we know about you by making a request to the Voyager Data Privacy Compliance Officer through the contact details provided below;
- Your credit card, bank and payment details; and
- Your contact details like billing address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address;
What you use our products and services for:
- The device you use when to access our Products and Services (such as your mobile handset, your computer system and platform) to customize our service for you;
- Your transaction history in our apps and websites, including but not limited to the date and time of transaction, transaction type, item name, item category, amount, and payment method; and
- No, we don’t look at the content of your text messages and we don’t listen to your calls, unless you’re talking to our hotline.
Where we get these information
There are a few different ways on how we collect your personal data.
Your Personal Data may be obtained in many ways including through market research activities, via our websites (Fintq.com, lendr.com.ph, kasamaka.com) and apps (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ph.com.lendr) and from FINTQnologies and its subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners, and third-party service providers.
Information that you personally give us
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you:
- Sign up to use our products and services by creating an account in our web sites or applications;
- Apply for subscription to our services by filling out a Service Application Form or Customer Information Sheet or provide personal information to one of our TeleSales representative;
- Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
- Take part in our research and surveys;
- Sign up in our booth in trade shows or events; and/or
- When you apply for job with us.
Information we collect during our relationship with you
We also collect information as you use our products & services, like when you:
- Use our networks – whether it is mobile, Wi-Fi, or other channels;
- Pay your bill or purchase add-on products and services;
- Use our apps, websites and self-service channels;
- Purchase items from our apps and websites; and
- Join our promos, prize raffles or reward & loyalty programs
We also collect anonymous information to help us tailor our Web sites and Applications to visitor interests and concerns; we also use this to improve our Applications for overall user experience. We use “cookies” to help us understand which parts of our Web sites and Applications are the most popular, where our users are going and how much time they spend there. The information that is gathered through cookies is used solely to assist in improving both our Web sites and Applications design and function. Our Web sites are functional without the retention of cookies. You may elect to block cookies from our Web sites through your browser settings. We also automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our Web site and Applications. We use this information to do internal research on our Users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include browsing history and your IP address.
Information we collect from other sources
We also collect information from commercially or publicly available sources like published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties (credit agencies) and from other sources which you have given consent for the disclosure of such information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted.
Who we share your information with
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside FINTQnologies Corp. (or the group of companies of which FINTQnologies Corp. is part of) except in limited circumstances as noted in this policy. In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and other third party agencies as part of business operations and the provision of our products and services. This means we might share your information with:
- Our partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers, contractors, professional advisers who help us provide our products and services, for example our couriers for bill delivery and our customer contact centers for our hotline operations;
- Other companies in the PLDT Group of companies ;
- Law enforcement and government agencies; and
- Other companies whom you have also given consent to share your information
How we protect your information
- We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
- We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your information with strict confidentiality;
- We undergo regular audit and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected; and
- We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate
We will retain your personal data throughout the subscription of our products and services, and for a maximum period of five (5) years afterward.
Your choices, including how you can check and update any personal information we have about you.
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which includes the right to object to processing, the right to access your data, the right to modify of inaccurate data, and the right to erasure or blocking of data.
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below.
Our Contact Details: Data Privacy Compliance Officer email@example.com
What happens when there are changes in this policy
Subsidiaries and Affiliates
- Smart Communications, Inc.
- Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. (Sun Cellular)
- Cignal TV
- PayMaya Philippines, Inc. (formerly Smart eMoney, Inc.)
- FINTQnologies Corp.
- FINTQ Inventures Insurance Agency Corp. (Surelite Insurance Agency)
- Takatack Technologies Pte. Ltd.
- Takatack Holdings Pte. Ltd.
- Voyagers Innovations, Inc.
- 2GO Express Inc.
- AFDigital Inc.
- Airspeed International Corporation
- ALGO Leasing and Finance, Inc.
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited (AnyProxy)
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Asialink Finance Corporation
- Asiapay Payment Technology Corp.
- Atlassian, Inc. (JIRA)
- Autodesk, Inc.
- BDO Unibank, Inc.
- Camalig Bank, Inc. (A Rural Bank)
- CC Mobile Financial Services Philippines (Cash Credit)
- Cebuana Lhuillier Rural Bank, Inc.
- China Bank Savings
- Cliqnship Corp.
- Curo Teknika Inc.
- Degreed, Inc.
- Dragonpay Corporation
- DSTNCT Pte. Ltd.
- Ematic Solutions PTE. LTD.
- Esquire Financing Inc.
- Facebook, Inc.
- First Circle Growth Finance Corporation
- Globe Telecom, Inc.
- Graymatics, Inc.
- Hashtag Digital, Inc.
- HubSpot, Inc.
- i4asia Corporation (FreshDesk)
- ideasXmachina Advertising, Inc. (IXM)
- iPay88 Sdn Bhd
- Jam2Go Express Corp.
- JK Capital Finance Inc.
- Land Bank of the Philippines
- LBC Express, Inc.
- LBP Service Corporation
- Maybank Philippines, Inc.
- MCC Money Shops Finance Company Inc.
- Media 5 Marketing Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- MOLPay Sdn Bhd.
- Nanigans, Inc.
- Ninja Express Tech. Philippines Inc.
- Officevibe, Inc.
- PayPal Pte., Ltd.
- Pawnhero Pawnshop Philippines Inc.
- Periscope, Inc.
- Philippine Bank of Communications
- PNB Savings Bank
- Producers Savings Bank Corporation
- Rapid7 Ireland Limited (Logentries)
- RCBC Savings Bank Inc.
- Rising Tide Mobile Entertainment Inc.
- Riskified Ltd.
- Sandvine, Inc.
- SurveyMonkey Inc.
- The Rocket Science Group LLC (Mailchimp)
- Tune, Inc. (HasOffers)
- Twilio, Inc.
- Xend Business Solutions Inc.
- Xfers Pte Ltd.
- Z-Lift Solutions (Tableau)
- Zoho Corporation
- Zoom Celero Courier Inc.
PROMOS AND REWARDS
Send commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, surveys, customer-care, and after sales communications, and other broadcast push messages;
Create your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, and other information that may be relevant for marketing and market research purposes;
Share your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, and mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, to our business partners and third-party service providers;
Compute your credit score based on data collected internally within the PLDT Group, and sharing your credit score to third-parties to whom you specifically instruct us to share your credit score; and
THIRD PARTY PROMOS
Send you information on offers, promotions, and advertisements from our business partners and third-party service providers